Re-amping help, please. (I'm using Logic 9 and a Roland)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_U.

Reaction score
Hi all,
I wished to re-amp some dry tracks I have prepared, along with some shared to me, using my MESA head- whether I'm mic'ing it up or attempting to capture the uncolored tone of the head itself, then apply impulses later for some extra flexibility. Anyways, I have a problem and then some, so I'm here asking for help.

Before I start, here is the gear I have at my disposal, along with how I have set it up:

-Logic 9
-Roland Tricapture
-Radial PRO-RMP
-THD Hotplate serving as a load with a line-out
-my computer, of course.

Tricapture's Line out-> Radial Pro-RMP -> Tubescreamer -> MESA head -> depending on what I desire, I will either mic it up with an SM57 a bit off the cap and feed that mic to the input of the Tricapture back to Logic, or more likely, I plan to use my THD as a load, feed the line out to my Tricapture back to Logic.

Now, on to the problem.
Apart from not knowing how to route my dry track and the channel I wish the re-amped tone to go under, and assuring that the above setup is not screwed, I have 2 consistent problems no matter what I have done so far:
-Whether I have the signal going from the line out of the THD or if I try to mic it up, I will get a monotone, screeching feedback loop that I cannot figure out what to do to rectify it.
-The other problem is that I'm not getting any usable tones out of my amp at all. Basically, it's this that gets picked up:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/psaxhiz2j0q1h4n/Feedback loop reamping problem Feb 2013.aif

I also turned off software monitoring on my DAW.
If I set up my gear to either pick up the uncolored tone out of my head, or by the conventional way of mic'ing it up, then recording guitars, it's all perfectly normal. I mean, my microphones are picking up signals fine. It's just that nothing is coming out of the amp contrary to how I've seen other re-amping sessions go, where it's rocking out without a guitarist playing it, just the dry tracks being fed in.

With that novel of a dilemma written out, any advice for how to fix this problem?
Thanks in advance.

Roland Tricapture
LargeRolandUSBAudioCapture.jpg

Radial PRO-RMP reamper
radial-pro-rmp.jpg

A copy of how my junk is wired up on the outside, basically:
Reamping%20schematic%20external.png

Latest posts

Back