Flemming Rasmussen's Metallica notes.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Val666

Reaction score
I sent Flemming an e-mail recently enquiring about the B&B EQ systems Metallica used to record MOP and AJFA with and he graciously replied with some pictures.

I wanted to know what frequencies they had so I could emulate them in another equipment somehow. Anyway, I'm sharing them in case there's another guy like me out there who wanted to know the same thing

Is this a joke ?

Those eq are pretty much flat, the knob on top is the gain (-/+) and second knob ( ring ) freq. selector....

All freq are at max, with nothing cut or almost nothing....

I'm surprised what route you took for Metallica tones...

I guess it's a lot of bass, scooped mids, normal highs and lots of Mesa gain. No?

If memory serves me right; in the days of MOP and AJFA they (the guys in Metallica) mixed the records themselves, with the equipment they had at the moment.

Gnarkill3k6 said:
I guess it's a lot of bass, scooped mids, normal highs and lots of Mesa gain. No?
No.
That's a common misconception about the gain. They actually use surprisingly little gain while recording and for live performances.

Latest posts

Back