Logic 8 Guitar Amp Pro (useable?)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the problem here?

• You simply suck at mixing. Keep practicing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This plug in is useless

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Both. Keep practicing using this terrible plug in and you'll get it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EtherealWidow

Reaction score
Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this plug in. I have yet to get a good sounding mix whenever this thing is involved in a recording of mine. I can get mixes fine from my real amp, but not this thing. Anyone have the same issue? I know there are better options, but since I don't take DI recording very seriously I'm wondering if this is an option for anything even semi serious.

I have Logic 9, the amp sims are so-so. If you listen to it within the full context of the mix, it'll do...or it might depend on the listener if he/she is a musician and is critical of guitar tones. I've used it in several online collaborations, it does the job....but....still so-so.

Then I tried a Radial JDX direct box, that thing opened up another new door for me in terms of recording. Very good recorded sound plus you get your tube amp's response. Obviously, the speaker adds color to your sound, but as a direct box, its great. This box goes in between your amp speaker's output then on to your amp speaker, also use it for live gigs, no more messing around with mic placement etc...

Latest posts

Back