Garage Band and Macbook Pro RULES

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis

Reaction score
Just started using my macbook pro and garage band to record for fun. I took a line out of my preamp into the I/O headphone jack on the macbook. The recording quality was fantastic, and the software is super easy to use.

Good stuff!

elvis said:
Just started using my macbook pro and garage band to record for fun. I took a line out of my preamp into the I/O headphone jack on the macbook. The recording quality was fantastic, and the software is super easy to use.

Good stuff!

It's great for practicing with as well. You can tweak songs from iTunes that are slightly off key to the correct pitch, make CDs of put them on a thumb drive and share them with the rest of your band.

I have an Apogee Deut for recording and listening. It's incredible!

Garage Band does RULE! I do some recording but mostly I use it to practice through. I live in a small house and being able to crank my amps isn't very easy, especially during my baby's nap time. I just throw on some headphones and pick an appropriate amp sim. And the amp sims are close enough that it almost sounds like the real thing.

Me PC guy (dual boot OS Win / Linux) but dang, wish had a Mac ($) to do music and video editing. Hate latency problems. :x

Back