Just picked up an M-Audio Firewire 410!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up an M-Audio Firewire 410 interface!
A guy had one on the island for $150. Could have probably found one for less, but this one was here, the guy needed the money and I didn't have to pay for shipping .

Anybody here use one?

I saw some YouTube videos of guys having problems with theirs, but this one supposedly works perfectly.
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/msg/2419333200.html

The drivers under both xp and win7 are really unstable. I've never had them crap out during a session but they don't load on boot about a third of the time and I just reboot the box till they work as opposed to screwing around trying to get the drivers started.

yeah you pretty much have to disable your other sound devices. it sounds fine and works great, at least with Sonar, it's just getting the **** thing to actually run on boot. M-Audio actually hates their customers the way United Airlines does, too. I got mine on a MF "Stupid Deal of the Day" and while I don't exactly regret it considering I got it real cheap I definitely won't buy another M-Audio interface.

I've been using one for a few years now without any problems on a win7 64bit PC. I would occasionally have driver loading problems on XP but so far so good with win7. I took out my other sound card and use the 410 exclusively.

Back