help me record/make a good video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zilla

Reaction score
Hi all,

Basically, I want to make some recent videos of myself playing guitar.

I've been using some freeware video capture program to record webcam video and i have a mic to record the audio, but sometimes the audio and video don't sync. I'd also like to be able to strip the audio, record a few tracks and then re-mix it with the video. maybe add some picture-in-picture or something like that....

Where do i even start? I'm running win7. are there any how-to's or tutorials?

Do I just use virtualdub and audacity??

Thanks

T

I just paid the $45 or so and bought Sony Vegas 9 HD right off the Sony website. For video editing it is fantastic. You can do anything you want within it.

As for a DAW, I run Reaper. It has the power of Pro Tools but with the flexibility to use any hardware and software you want (I use a Line6 UX2 as my guitar interface). It is also right around $50 (which includes updates into the next 2 versions).

Audacity is cool to start out on I suppose, but there is zero support if you run into a problem.

As always you can go with whatever you want, but the stuff I mentioned above is the least expensive, most flexable and is very good sounding.

If you want examples, you can see a vid I just did of my Recto here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxGpdPxKddI
It is a bit rough, but it works.

Hope that helps.

I was just about to ask this same question! Good thing I looked 1st! :lol:

Will the Vegas 9 software work with just about any video file? I have an older (8 years) Sony Super 8 camcorder.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to squeeze as much info out of you as possible since we're no longer neighbors!

Wow I should keep better track of the threads I post in.

As far as formats/comparability, I have yet to find a format Vegas can't handle.

Back