Palmer PGA-04

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moby1

Reaction score
Currently running a simple recording set up using my computer and a line6 ux as the guitar input.

I get annoyed that I have a Roadking and Marshall JVM in the same room (mic ing isn't my bag and most the time would be too loud).

Think a Palmer PGA-04 would be a good buy? Can you compare one to say a ux2?

I have no experience in these things

UX is a recording interface the Palmer is a speaker simulator. You need the UX to get the guitar sounds into the PC. If you don't want to mic get a H&K red box or a Palmer PDI-09 for a mic'd speaker simulator.

Sorry just re-read my post. What I meant was is how does digital modelling compare to say my boogie and a PGA? I know I'm stuck with ux2.

Thanks for your reply

I just picked up a Pg-04 and i dig it so far, i havent fully dived into it just yet, but its pretty fucking true sounding, I get a little more low end that i remember trying to even out. but other than that its like having a mic right on the speaker, Its not as real as a miced up cab but gets you pretty much 90% there. Im digging mine so far.

Back