Monitor Recommendations

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurso

Reaction score
Right now I'm using a decent pair of Senheisser headphones to do my monitoring but want to get a pair of monitors sooner than later. I'm looking in the $300-500 range for the pair so any recommendations are welcome.

Hi there!

You can have one of these:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-HS50M-5--Powered-Studio-Monitor---Each-103530499-i1153006.gc

They are the little brother of the industry standard. All yamaha monitors are great, they are a little "midish" anyway.

hello guy's I use gen. 1 krk rp5's for monitoring needs. The gen 2's have a different design to their cabinet that is suppose to give them a more focused listening sweetspot, I have turned two of my music buddies on to these speakers (meaning they bought a pair). for their price range (all KRK's for that matter) I think they are pretty much one of the best speakers out there. Mine were 300 bucks for a pair and each speaker is a 75 watt bi amped. You can score a good deal on the gen 1's right now because a lot of people are trying to get the gen 2

Happy HUNting :)

I just picked up a pair of the KRK Rokit Powered 6 Generation-2 this weekend and was very impressed with the sound, Much better than the Fostex PM 0.5's I had, Plus it was Buy 1 get 1 Half off at GC.

I've got a pair of Mackie hr824 MKI's that are great but have a slightly (slightly I say) hyped low end. This doesn't matter, however, as any pair of monitors will have their own quirks that you will get used to and account for in the end. Got these used for $600 CDN and have seen them for around the same price on multiple occasions.

I've been using JBL LSRPs,the small ones ,they come in a few sizes.I think they are worth a listen.

Latest posts

Back