Testing the mic position and 3 different mics with guitaramp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timowens

Reaction score
For anyone who is into this stuff, I did some guitar amp mic testing with my Mesa Nomad driving a Legacy 4x12 with Vintage 30's and posted the clips on SoundClick. First I tested the position of a Sennheiser e906 from the center of the speaker to surround. Then I compared the Sennheiser e906, Shure SM57 and AudioTechnica AT4040 mics.

I seemed to prefer the mic position to be either 2" or 2.75". I can't decide if I like the e906 or the AT4040 better, I don't think I like the SM57 when compared to the more expensive Sennheiser and AudioTechnica mics. What do you think?

The clips can be found here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1007794&content=music

For my setup it is the e906, but yours sounds best with the AT4040 to me. My favorite is my Audix i5 then the e906 for me.

Thanks for the replies burnstudios and V3. It sounds like you guys have way more experience then me so I really appreciate your thoughts.

Back