Recording with a Blue Angel????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I always forget this section is here, sorry. I actually posted this in the Modern Amps forum yesterday.
Hopefully the answer is here!

I am in the process of buying mdortona's Blue Angel 2x10 combo.
I replaced the original Eminence speakers with Weber Signature 10 alnico speakers.
I also popped the plastic cap out of the chassis on the back where the Ground Switch was on the earlier models and installed a switch to turn the fan on and off. This really makes the amp a lot quieter.

The serial # is 14XX.
I've been reading about the earlier ones (my previous one was 0029) having lots of noise and hum issues.
This one is nowhere near as noisy as my last one, but it still has an annoying hiss that goes away when I pull V2.
It isn't very noticable when I'm playing at low volumes, but it is there between notes.

How can I record using this amp? I am thinking that the noise will bleed through or show up when I pause or between notes.

I'm wondering about bypassing the Mojo Module or something. From what I've read, this defeats the Loop, which I am inclined to believe after looking at the drawings, since the module is the send preamp for the Loop. I'm guessing it's extremely similar to the pictures on the Subway Blues thread.

What do you BA owners do about recording? Am I worried about nothing? Do I just use a good De-Esser?

Back