Recording Lonestar?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss

Reaction score
I have a Lonestar and I am not sure how to record it. I can run it at 10 Watt Class A, 50 Watt Class AB, or 100 Watt Class AB. I've always been told run the tubes hot as hell. Well I can certainly get them smoking on 10 Watts, but someone told me that if you run it at 10 Watts the sound will be thin. 50 Watts cranked is ridiculous, 100 Watts is insane loud!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Not to be a smartass, but I'd run in whatever wattage and settings sounded best to me for the song. Then I'd experiment with mic placement, as that can really alter the recorded sound. Make a few sample recordings and see which placement sounds best. I usually place the mic 1 to 2 inches from the grille and 1 to 2 inches off the center of the cone (EVM 12-L, C-90). Each speaker has its own "sweet spot", so try to find that. You'll have to experiment and let your ears decide.

No offense taken. I already found the sweet spot. I just was wondering if anyone has done the experimenting yet because I have a band recording in the morning and didint have time to play with the settings.

Latest posts

Back