Running to monitors.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryjan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have never recorded before and was wondering what would be the best way to run from my slave out on my mark iv to a pair of powered studio monitors. Is there an inexpensive interface I could get or would a mixer be better. Sorry for the ignorance in my questions but we all have to start somewhere, right.

Hey there! What are you trying to do?? Monitor your guitar?? I would highly recommend to mic'up your cab, otherwise you will have a horrible tone I guess.

I was wanting to use the record out of my mark iv and run into some kind of interface that I'd be able to expand in the future as I get more recording gear. I was thinking of record out > stereo effects > mixer?, interface? > monitors. My goal is to be able to play, and down the road record, at lower volumes than using a mic'd cab but still have my mark iv tone. I plan on buying a digital multitrack recorder later on so I'd like to be able to run into that as well. Would it be better to just run into the recorder then out to the monitors or should I have some sort of mixer in there first?

If I get it right, connect your mark to one input of the recorder or interface, remember that a mixer is a plus, you can record without a mixer. Use on output or bus to connect your effects, and connect the monitor out output to your monitors. Very very important!!! Use TRS cables with all connections, otherwise you won't get the +4dB that balanced cables give, and less noise!!

Latest posts

Back