amp speaker load resistor

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zystudios

Reaction score
I want to record direct with my triple rectifier and I've found out that I need a SPEAKER LOAD RESISTOR. I've found a few schematics and the idea is pretty simple but I'm curious if anyone else has made one and used it successfully. Let me know...

[email protected]

Hey! IMHO it's way better to mic'up your cab... I don't know a way to make amps sound good other way...

You guys haven't used impulses yet have you? The Red Wire cabinet impulses make my Roadster sound fucking unbelievable using my slave out.

zystudios said:
I want to record direct with my triple rectifier and I've found out that I need a SPEAKER LOAD RESISTOR. I've found a few schematics and the idea is pretty simple but I'm curious if anyone else has made one and used it successfully. Let me know.

I wouldnt recommend making one. If it fails you could trash your amp. I have used a THD Hotplate with average results. It just does'nt help your tone any. If low volume is the reason you want to mute the amp to record, look into an isolation cab. I have a Randall isolation box. It works great. Put your favorite speaker in it ( it came with a V30), your favorite mic, close it up and crank it. You may have to add some soundproffing if you need tons of volume to get your tone or need it dead silent. I have also had good results using the iso. box late at night when the wifes sleeping. Just run the mic into your monitors, sounds the same as the recording you would be making.

I run mine with an old V30 a Sure 57 mic directly into a Tascam porta studio the into M audio monitors. It can sound very professional. I have added soundproofing and set it off the floor. You can barely hear it, even with the amp roaring.

Or if you set on building something your self, that would be much eaiser, sound 1000 times better and be totally safe. Hope this helps. I tried the load box thing for way to long. Just looking to help a brother out.

Back