Home Studio Help!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my problem:

I just got cubase 5 and i love to record with it but I've read that it's easier to use with two PC-monitors than just one.
Now that I'm still kind of new to recording and all that, I have no Idea what kind of screens I should get, what's important about them when used for cubase and what's not ...

so I thought maybe you guys could give me some advice about that and also, should I get 16:9 or 16:10 monitors?

Hey! I don't know which are the main windows on cubase, I work on PT 8. But the main reason to have 2 monitors is to use one with the edit window, there you can monitor the recording, see the waveforms, etc. In the other one you can see all regarding mixing, tracks, levels, plugins settings, etc. It's not neccesarily to have 2 screens, you can work with one, but 2 will make things a little easier. Regarding the size, it depends on how far are you going to be when working with it. Hope it helps.

Back