Interface Recomendatons

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmt

Reaction score
I've been looking at the Presonus Firestudio for a while, but have heard/read mixed things about their gear. I am looking for something under $1K that has 8 inputs (Nutrix) and also 8 TRS outs. I would love a real mixer that can be used to control the software or pull double duty as an interface as well.

Any suggestions?

I have a motu 8 pre which is really nice, but it doesn't have 8 outs. The preamps in the motu are really nice and clean. I recently got a Golden Age Project Pre73 and it really makes the recordings shine. Look into the MOTU 828mk3 FireWire Audio Interface

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/MOTU-828mk3-FireWire-Audio-Interface?sku=241841

I have used a Pro Tools Digi002 and it was nice but I didnt want to spend that kinda cash.

I'm not really interested in Protools right now anyway. No reason to spend that much money on this right now.

Defintely give the RME fireface interfaces a look. I've had m-audio, presonus and a couple of motu's and the fireface blows them away in both features and audio quality. The mixer software allows you to do many things you can't with other boxes.

The RME stuff is top-notch, but the Fireface 800 is 1600 bucks and only has four mic preamps.

I'm going to recommend the 8pre as well. It's pretty awesome for the money.

Latest posts

Back