new to recording

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnqa800720

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am a total technology knuckle head. I am looking for a completely brainless recording software package that is self contained and good quality. Preferably it would have a buildable rythm track as well, but this could be separate if necessary. I bought an M-Audio pro interface not realizing it was not a self contained unit and needed a software package to actually record (see comment above). Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Well welcome to the world of recording. Recording isn't so much in the gear you use but in the method. I've gotten decent recordings out of nothing more than a built in mac mic and garage band. Your ideal recording package is going to depend on your budget and your intended use for the recording as well as the style of music you play. You should go to http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/studio-recording-packages-pro-audio?N=100001+338387&Ns=P_RatingOverall|1&rpp=20 and check that stuff out then see if you can find it on ebay for cheaper.

Back