How to set up UA SOLO610 with 002?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
So I recently picked up a Universal Audio SOLO610 mic pre and I was wondering what would be the best way to use it with my small ProTools setup. It only has XLR outs so I'd assume running it straight into the 002 with the XLR's I'd end up using both the SOLO 610's mic pre as well as the 002's? That wouldn't be so great. Is the only way to go using a XLR---> 1/4" cable into one of the four channels without preamps? Is there another alternative that I don't know about?

Thanks!

The best way to do it is to use the XLR to 1/4" cable. You have to make sure that you use 1/4" TRS, not TS, otherwise it will be unbalanced (and maybe not even work at all). Also, don't use the first 4 channels of the 002 as the signal will be DI'd back down to mic level and go through the 002's pres anyway. The only other way to do it is to get an separate ADAT or SPDIFF converter, but that just means you have to spend more money and unless you get a good one, won't be better than what you have already. I hope that helps...

Tfunk Ian said:
The best way to do it is to use the XLR to 1/4" cable. You have to make sure that you use 1/4" TRS, not TS, otherwise it will be unbalanced (and maybe not even work at all). Also, don't use the first 4 channels of the 002 as the signal will be DI'd back down to mic level and go through the 002's pres anyway. The only other way to do it is to get an separate ADAT or SPDIFF converter, but that just means you have to spend more money and unless you get a good one, won't be better than what you have already. I hope that helps...

That's pretty much what I figured. I picked up the mic pre in preparation for doing my band's vocal tracks and wanted to make sure I had it set up correctly. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back