Mark IV EQ... recording and live

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon8822

Reaction score
Ok, so I have found that I like a nice V EQ shape (except with the mids left at the center line instead of taken out) when playing riffs and rhythm, but for leads I take the treble right down to the middle line and turn off the treble boost knob. So basically lots of treble boosted up when playing rhythm and riffs, but taken out for leads. What I'm wondering is if this will actually work live and in recordings. My band mate has a rectifier, if my highs are taken out and are played over top of a riff with boosted highs, will the lead part be able to be heard? Will it come out clearly? Lead tones need to be nice and warm imo, and rhythm nice and bright, but will that work ok together?

I always try to use the same settings both live and in the studio. But since we're always micing up our amps at gigs, I do not necessarily keep the settings that sounds good at stage, but those that sounds good through the mix.

It will work only if you get a boost on volume when soloing, or a good live engineer. Don't care about recording, that is the work of a mixing engineer, get a good solo and rythm sound in the studio and you are ready to go. Remember, there are no phase cancellation between guitars, if they are mixed correctly. Leave the solos in the center of the mix, the rhythm guitars leave them one each side. That's the most common mixing for guitars in rock, metal etc.

Latest posts

Back