Good Recording for Progressive Metal under 250$????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xT00BZRG00Dx

Reaction score
Would this sound good???

Ibanez RG2EX1 with EMG 81 85 - Mesa Boogie Mark III Red Stripe - Marshall 1960A with Celestion G12T-75 - Shure SM57 - Line 6 POD Studio UX2 - Reaper

If not, what speakers/cab should I get and what Audio Interface should I get????
Budget for Audio Interface: under 250$
Budget for cab: under 400$ used
Should I trade my Marshall 1960A for a Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab????

If I were you, judging from your current setup, the next best thing you can get is a good preamp. Go with an FMR RNP. You won't regret it!

What kind of computer are you using? The choice of software is very helpful in getting your perfect sound - when I switched to Logic Express, I gained a much more full-bodied sound, and the effects kick ***. I definitely recommend Logic if you're using a Mac.

I've never heard of the FMR RNP, but I looked it up. It seems to have very good reviews, but I'm not sure it justifies the price, especially since it's not an audio interface.

An SM57 will work great on amps, though I prefer my Sennheiser e609. I'd take a Sennheiser MD421 over any other mic any day, but they're 380 bucks.

My advice - check out Sweetwater (www.sweetwater.com) - they have a very well-organized site that'll show you various interfaces. You can't go wrong with anything by M-Audio or PreSonus; most M-Audio interfaces are compatible with M-Powered Pro Tools.

Hope that helps.

Back