Propellerhead Reason-need help with synths-important tribute

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visualrocker69

Reaction score
Hi, I'm relatively new to Reason. Up until now, I've only been using it for very simplistic things (rendering audio from midi data).
Right now, I'm working on a cover of a song by "hide" as a tribute to his 10th death anniversary... However, I have no idea how to approach using the synths in this song. Can anyone please help me construct a synth patch or at least point me in the right direction?

For your convenience, I've uploaded the -voiceless- version of the song (to make it easier to hear the synths).

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=2jqbmz6ymbc

I don't have a problem with the strings and aux. percussion... only that cool little synth that sounds like its going through some kind of phaser or other modulation filter... It appears in the beginning and then manifests itself in some shape or other throughout the song. I just don't know how to get that kind of sound/texture/etc...

Please help!

Also, I'd like to note that a lot of Reason-related technical jargon might be lost on me. Thanks a lot for your patience and assistance :)

Latest posts

Back