New to digital recording

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtb226

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a few questions for you. I need to get something for personal use/my band to record a demo and ideas and whatnot. It doesn't need to be pro grade by any means.

Anyway, I was looking at this new Behringer thing, because it seems like the best bang for the buck. It is called the Xenyx 2442FX. Here's a link...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Xenyx-2442FX?sku=631274

Says you can record direct to the computer via a USB interface. Does that allow you to put each channel on the board per track on the recording software (I have SONAR 4 Producer Edition and can get Audacity for free)? Or would I have to get like a FirePod or something too?

If the Behringer doesn't do that, is there any way to do that that isn't insanely expensive? That seems like the best way to go for us, but I'm open to suggestions. Like I stated above though, I don't need anything pro grade. Just for putting down ideas and some rough demos. Thanks!

sounds good from the product description. with this you should have all you need to make good sound - life or studio.

4 subs for the recording, means more than four channel separately at one take will be difficult or you need to group and mix down in advance. anyway that should be more than sufficient.

also fx 24 bit is included, for the price ok. i personally would choose a mackie for the stable second hand price. just in case of an unexpected up-grade. the behringer is a good choice definetely.

Latest posts

Back