Best 4 track to play with?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rajones71

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a low-end 4track. I'm a basement player and I thought it might be fun to record myself/play over a bass track/etc. Just looking for something cheap, easy to use, and fun. Any suggestions?

(BTW-I know nothing about recording-so use small words.)

You might want to look into something for your computer - I'd check out the Toneport or something similar. It will probably end up being cheaper and you'll be able to do a LOT more with it.

Back in the day perhaps a Tascam or a Fostex, but listen to Charlie, with a great soundcard, digital recording on your PC will give you much better results and flexibility. 8)

Tascam Porta Tw0 Ministudio. I have one, bought it off evilbay for $50 bux. Uses Cassette taps, 6 channel mixer, can record 6 channels to 4 tracks, bounce recorded tracks. DBX noise reduction. I like mine, sounds great, hiss isn't bad at all; my PC's sound card makes more hiss than the 4 track.

If you like buttons and knobs over mouse and keyboard then I recomned one of these.

Mixer1.JPG

Back