The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cubase SX3 and VSTi Help
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:26 pm 
Mark III

Hi, I use VSTis with Cubase 3 and I am very confused. I cannot choose the preset (say a synth pad or something)of the vsti I want to use. I will select it and hit play and it will play just fine with the selected preset. However, when I click stop and play again, it will change the preset back to the original preset. How can i make it permanantly stay on the preset?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:38 pm 
Mark II

theaero wrote:
Hi, I use VSTis with Cubase 3 and I am very confused. I cannot choose the preset (say a synth pad or something)of the vsti I want to use. I will select it and hit play and it will play just fine with the selected preset. However, when I click stop and play again, it will change the preset back to the original preset. How can i make it permanantly stay on the preset?

Good chance that your midi part is having a program change event. A simple way to look at it would be to click on the midi part from the midi track and hit ctrl+w, and from the listing events dialog, to have a look for any program event. Since many different events could be displayed, you can enabled filter checkbox like for notes to get a better overview. You can edit the program change event to meet the patch number of the VSTi, or delete it (or all of them).

Express 5:25 - G10 Greenback + G12-H 70 an. ext. cab
Koch LB120-II Load box
Gibson H Roberts 1995
Strat E.J. 2006
Ibanez Roadstar II (Seymour pickups)
Radial PB1 Class-A Boost -EH MemMan - MXR SmartGate - Maestro Phaser - Lexicon MX200 - Ernie Ball VP jr