need a new sound card w/ ASIO support. Suggestions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
I've currently got a SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, and it is crackling and popping when I try to record and listen to music. It is a known problem with the card, but I've had enough! I love the front panel mic preamp and headphone preamp, but the crackling is ridiculous. I've tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing has corrected it.

Anyway, what are some similar recommendations for about $100-$150 for a sound card w/ ASIO support (for effects and amp modeling)? I could care less about surround sound audio. I just have 2.1 system setup...

EDIT: Looks like the M-Audio Delta 1010LT is going to be the best bet, but it does not have an instrument (1/4" TRS) input. I'm through with Creative's crap cards though, I know that much!

Dude. M-Audio forever and ever and ever.

I used to use the Delta Omni Studio by M-Audio, but eventually upgraded to the Firewire 1814, which is a glorified Firewire 410. The 1814 is going to be out of your price range, but if you can stretch your budget a little and get a 410, I think you would love it. Great connections, great pre-amps, great drivers, and I have LOVED connecting through firewire rather than a PCI card. It makes it so much easier to ever record on a different computer, or even move your computer. With the Delta, I once drive an hour to record at a buddies house only to find that I had forgotten the Delta cable. If I had had the 1814 back then, I just would have had to round up a firewire cable rather than driving home.

Anyway, it's hard to get too nice of a sound card with out it ending up in a break out box. But to me that just means you've gotta get used to the idea of a break out box. Sorry, this post probably doesn't really answer your questions - feel free to ask about any of the M-Audio break out box sound cards though, I've done too much homework on those. :D

Update: Looks like you can get the 410 on ebay for around $100, although I don't know that it does ASIO. The 1814 definitely has ASIO, and a few other awesome features, including all the ones you mentioned wanting. The cheapest I've seen that on ebay is about $360 shipped, at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/M-AUDIO-FIREWIRE-1814-18-14-18-14-MAUDIO-INTERFACE_W0QQitemZ150167222309QQihZ005QQcategoryZ41421QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Although That appears to be roughly triple your price range.

Good luck!

Get a M-Audio delta 44 .. I have 3 of them in my recording pc.. and they work great.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Delta44-main.html

+1 ... looks like you're sold but just got to chip in...
I got the Delta 2496 x2 and its just sweeeeeet! ... 6ms latency as opposed to over half a second on SB and the like ... and I think it can do even better down to 3-4ms if you got a super cool system.

Back