POD vs Toneport

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyro

Reaction score
Does the Pod XT sound better than the Toneport?

I got the Toneport for easy recording but the lead tones and effects are a joke. Soooo stale and cheesy.

Has anyone tried the Pod Xt? Are the Tones ok?

They ought to be the same. I had a PODXTLive, returned it, got a TonePort UX2, and I'm happy. I'd get the KB37 if I had to do it again.

Anomaly said:
They came out with a new PODX3 which has Bass amp and Mic preamp models included. Sounds perfect for Desktop recording.
Your right great little tool to have, hey I wish I had a device like it years ago. BUT from what I have seen of the PODX3, so far I’m a bit disappointed. I won’t be trading in my XT anytime soon. Some of the new features are pretty cool two guitarist at the same time through two different rig’s through one device (I like that especially since I teach) or a single guitarist can play through two different rigs these are the best new & useful features IMHO.

There is a ton of effects and also amp sims and cab sims as you said they have bass models which with the XT you had to pay for the extra model packs (like I did) so that is a nice bonus (the bass models sound pretty good IMHO) they added some extra mic sims also.

But this is where they missed the mark in my book starting with the mic sims. I would have like to see the ability to move the mics around the room not just back and forth and they have an off axis setting (with certain mic models) but it is predetermined, like to see the ability to do 1 degree at a time. Also this is pushing it like to see the ability to change the room, maybe the dimensions also maybe 1 surface (1 wall) from say wood to tile, and have the ability to move the cabinet around the room.

The amp sims: I can hear in the demonstrations on the Line6 website they still have not addressed the biggest problem with modeling (not just Line6 other companies also) picking dynamics! There is a total lack of response of picking dynamics with these devices. Which is one reason a person who has played nothing but these molders has a time adjusting to a tube amp. These units have no feel compared to a tube amp: still! I was hoping for a push in that direction but I guess “not yet”! This is the part that is the most frustrating to me because some of the sims do sound pretty good.

From what I heard so far from the X3 it’s like two XT’s with more effects and amp sims, a glorified XT nothing new going on really.
Check out the demo http://www.line6.com/podx3/index.html?utm_source=Line6Index&utm_medium=Navigation&utm_campaign=PODx3+DropDown
I was really not impressed (no real new innovations) I did like so of the bass stuff though.

Just me bitchen!!!!

Anomaly said:
I know what you mean, that's the main reason I sold my XT live and bought the Recto Pre. There's alot of noise and stale sounding tones on XT which still has not been updated with X3. But the Bass and Mic Preamps package are very temping though :roll: I might try one when It comes out (I'm such a sucker) :p

My Buddy has been raving about this new preamp, which He heard from a local musician here in LA, it's http://www.fractalaudio.com/
Listen to there audio clips, I could not believe those tones are coming from a digital preamp. bit pricey though, Best digital preamp in the market today(?)

Aaahh yes the AxeFx caught my attention a few months ago and I agree with you they sound pretty good definitely a step in the right direction. From what I understand there is a bit of a waiting list on those units. I would love to try one.

I forgot while I was whining about molders!

I have not played with it too much but last week I threw a BBE Sonic Stomp in front of my POD XT and the unit really sounded allot better

Back