Thoroughly impressed with Revalver Mk II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
I picked up Alien Connection's Revalver Mk II today and I must say it is VERY cool. I've used Guitar Rig for years coz I couldn't find anything better, but mk II takes the cake for guitar modeling software! It makes GR sound HORRIBLE in comparison and is a much lighter program. The "Kitty" amp is killer! It looks and sounds like a dual recto. The biggest difference in GR and MkII is that you have to have a preamp for MkII. I have a Sound Blaster ZS Platinum with the front inputs (takes up a cd-rom drive bay) and it has a preamp built in. I have to turn it up otherwise I don't get much out of Mk II. Just a little warning!

But, seriously, it sounds AWESOME! I'm going to try to record some clips today if time allows... It should help to bide my time until my Roadster comes in tomorrow...

No preamp needed to run revalver mkII. Just need at least a 1Ghz PC or Mac, method of connecting, even direct line in using M-Audio or similar High-Z input hardware, or USB Stealth Plug. Plugs right into the line in on your pc's sound card, nothing fancy is required.

Go check out the demo, the product is insane and I completely love the tone you can get out of the amps. If you visit the forum, you can also obtain unofficial skins to make the Kitty (Dual Rec) branded wtih Mesa Boogie look. Mesa/Marshall/Vox/Fender, you name it, it's there.

http://alienconnections.com/downloads.htm

Latest posts

Back