Drum Loop Program

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6L6C

Reaction score
Addictive Drums
http://www.xlnaudio.com/

You can also download a limited working version of the program

EZdrummer is what I use. It works very well with Acid Pro 6... I prefer Acid Pro because it is loop-based. Just select your drumkit and beat and then drag and drop it into a new layer and it is loopable. Easy as pie.

Nope, no loops uploaded. But, they sound AWESOME. It uses real samples and midi tracks for the loops. It takes a little time to load all the samples into RAM, but once loaded, it is great.

http://www.toontrack.com/ezdrummer.asp

The above link tells you all you need to know, and gives sound demos...

try BFD. The drums sound amazing, very easy to use. My only problem is that alot of the preset loops are very strange, although there are lots of them and there are plenty of good ones.

6L6C said:
Addictive Drums
http://www.xlnaudio.com/

You can also download a limited working version of the program

+1

It's everything you said you wanted. All you gotta do is figure out Cubase or wise up to Reaper or Ableton Live.

Speaking of EZDrummer, you might also look into Toontrack's EZPlayerPro application for arranging and creating loops.

I haven't tried it yet (it's supposed to be released with Superior 2.0, which I have on pre-order), but it looks like a fairly spiffy interface for that sort of thing.

I've been using RM IV. It's an extremely versatile drum and synth sampler, and does support the drag and drop feature. I can't really compare it to other samplers, this is the only one I have used. I use it along with another (free downloadable) program called Stepbeater to layout drumbeats. Stepbeater is actually a very simple, yet powerful tool. Worth looking into IMO.

There's an old program called Band In A Box that is MIDI based and has tons of different styles and such. Might be useful. I also started fooling around with Propellerhead Reason too. That's one hell of a powerful program!

I'll have to give Addictive Drums a try. BFD is a little more than I like to have to fool with to get drum tracks down. I wish I had an electric drumset so I could lay my own tracks down! I've got some originals that require a less than standard drum beat. A way to play the drum beats (at least snare and kick) with a standard PC keyboard would be cool!

Having tried almost every drums plugin (except the new superior 2.0) I would recommend EZdrummer + EZplayer Pro!
Killer combination and really easy to use! Just drag & drop patterns (a huge number of them is in ezdrummer and you can load your midi drum files too) here and there and you have your drums track! :D

EZ Drummer here...... Love It! Got the Vintage Rock kit, looking for a good price on the Latin Perc kit.

Drag & Drop, couldnt' be any easier.....of course, my only other hands-on experience (other than comparing online demos) is with Groove Agent, which I should have stayed 100 miles away from.

I hear lots of recommends for Jamstix also.

just a heads up regarding Cubase LE. Le doesn't allow you to drag & drop loops. I got EZ Drummer, and in order to use the drag & drop loops I had to upgrade to Cubase Essentials. On a positive note, Cubase Essentials is great, and you can get it for $ 150 as an upgrade. After upgrading Cubase EZ Drummer has been great to work with. Good luck

Is there something else that you need with the program? I am new to recording. I would like to setup a basic recording suite but not sure what I need. How do you hit the drums to start building up a track or does it do it by itself. What recording program is recommened.

Thank you.

you gotta have a DAW that can host a program like ezdrummer, to get the biggest bang for the buck.

a sequencer.

Latest posts

Back