Boogie Board on IE

Forum specific news and announcements

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned

LesPaul70
Mark III

Boogie Board on IE

Post by LesPaul70 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:52 pm

Since yesterday, I'm having trouble trying to use this board on Internet Explorer. Other browsers work just fine, but IE (various versions, various devices from computers to Windows Phone) just gives me a page with this error message instead:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: str_split() in /home/grailton/public_html/forum/viewforum.php(1) : regexp code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : regexp code on line 1

The admins may wish to look into it. That's something you may see after a site has been hacked, in my experience. OTOH, of course it could just be a technical issue.

ned
Site Admin

Re: Boogie Board on IE

Post by ned » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:45 am

Everything seems to be OK on this end. Please let me know if it continues.

LesPaul70
Mark III

Post by LesPaul70 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:44 am

Cheers, Ned, thanks for the swift reply. Good to know that at least it's not a site compromise!

But yeah, I'm afraid the problem still persists. For what it's worth, the Windows computers I get this problem on are running Windows XP and IE8. No idea what IE my Winphone is running, probably newer than that anyway (it's roughly one year old). I'm just wondering if there are other Windows users who are experiencing this and are not able to report it because they don't have an alternative browser and, thus, cannot reach the forum. I know I've observed a recent absence of certain posters who would normally be very active, and I wonder if this is the reason.

The weird part is that this looks like a server-side problem rather than a client problem but I'm still experiencing it only with the IE browser. When I type "forum.grailtone.com" into my IE, I only get a blank page with the above error message. Here's the complete HTML for the page:

Code: Select all

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to undefined function:  str_split() in <b>/home/grailton/public_html/forum/index.php(1) : regexp code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : regexp code</b> on line <b>1</b><br />
The problem started on Monday, IIRC.

ADDENDUM: The HTML source for the page I should be getting (i.e. the proper frontpage) seems to contain scripts. Maybe one of the scripts has been changed within a week and isn't working properly on IE, resulting in the error page?

Blaklynx
Mark III

Post by Blaklynx » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:17 am

Have the exact same issue with IE 11. It's been happening for several days. Thought that your page http://forum.grailtone.com/ was down. I can get into the main page an other areas, though. It's just this particular one that IE doesn't load.

Works with Chrome and FF.

-B
Gotta love tubes!

If you're interested in the chicken head knob replacement on my Roadster amp, go here:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.ph ... 98#p476098

ned
Site Admin

Post by ned » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:50 am

Interesting.

I'll try and update the software this weekend.

Buster Leggs
Donating Member

Post by Buster Leggs » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:35 am

LesPaul70 wrote:Since yesterday, I'm having trouble trying to use this board on Internet Explorer. Other browsers work just fine, but IE (various versions, various devices from computers to Windows Phone) just gives me a page with this error message instead:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: str_split() in /home/grailton/public_html/forum/viewforum.php(1) : regexp code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : regexp code on line 1

The admins may wish to look into it. That's something you may see after a site has been hacked, in my experience. OTOH, of course it could just be a technical issue.
I'm getting the exact same message on my PC, I can get to anything but B/B. I can access b/b on my phone though.

siggy14
Single Recto

Post by siggy14 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:59 pm

I get it on my IE8 at work, someone on Rig talk is also having the issue, I have no problem getting to this page on my Mac Book using Chrome or safari

ned
Site Admin

Post by ned » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:49 am

Sig-

Are they having the problem here or on RigTalk?

Really hoping to get the update done tonight.

siggy14
Single Recto

Post by siggy14 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:12 pm

ned wrote:Sig-

Are they having the problem here or on RigTalk?

Really hoping to get the update done tonight.
Problem here, I meant another guy on Rig talk that also posts here, Brent is also getting the same error.

ned
Site Admin

Post by ned » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:11 am

I've updated the forum software so hopefully everything is working better.

LesPaul70
Mark III

Post by LesPaul70 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Afraid still getting the error on IE (both Winphone and XP computers), as of right now.

Buster Leggs
Donating Member

Post by Buster Leggs » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Unfortunately I'm still having the problem too. My PC is running Windows 7.

ned
Site Admin

Post by ned » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:38 pm

I made another change as I got the error at work using IE. Let me know if that solved the issue.

Headed to Maryland in the morning to spend time with my son for the holiday so I will be out of pocket until Monday.

Blaklynx
Mark III

Post by Blaklynx » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:43 am

It works now. I'm running IE 11.

Thanks.
Gotta love tubes!

If you're interested in the chicken head knob replacement on my Roadster amp, go here:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.ph ... 98#p476098

siggy14
Single Recto

Post by siggy14 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:38 am

Yup working for me as well on IE now.