The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boogie Dealers/ Sellers
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:51 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Hey All, I'm new to the board here, not to Boogies though, been playing through them for twenty five years. I was wondering if anyone knows how much wiggle room the dealers and or sellers have on the msrp? Most of the dealers (I've seen) are very similar in price. Is there a percentage, they can move within ie like guitar dealers? Or are they like Weber grills, where the seller cannot advertise below their suggested amount. Thank you for your time and consideration.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:43 pm 
Bottle Rocket

glazed67 wrote:
Hey All, I'm new to the board here, not to Boogies though, been playing through them for twenty five years. I was wondering if anyone knows how much wiggle room the dealers and or sellers have on the msrp? Most of the dealers (I've seen) are very similar in price. Is there a percentage, they can move within ie like guitar dealers? Or are they like Weber grills, where the seller cannot advertise below their suggested amount. Thank you for your time and consideration.

I am pretty sure in general the prices are written in stone. However, depending of how good a customer of a vendor you are, there could be a discount.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:23 pm 
Mark II

My understanding ( and this really unofficial, street level) is that they will loose the distributorship if they discount, I think they might have some wiggle room if there is a trade in involved in the purchase, otherwise no deals. I have heard it rumored that certain distributors have lost the line because they were discounting in and around the North New Jersey/ NY city area when I lived there

69SGCustom,ESArtist,RG440,ES135,PTNashvilleTelle,JD Telle,JM Strat,Triaxis,290,20/20.V-TwinRM,V-TwinPedal,Transatlantic,AC30H2L,62DeluxeReverb,VibroKing,SFProReverb,SFTwin "What comes from the heart lands on the heart"PeaceAndBlessingsAllphourus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:35 am 
Bottle Rocket

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.