How is everyone doing?

Forum specific news and announcements

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned

ned
Site Admin

How is everyone doing?

Post by ned » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:32 am

Thought I would create a place for everyone to discuss how they are coping with the pandemic. Mesa has closed it's offices like most of the US and the World.

What are you doing to cope with closures, social distancing, etc.

I finally got my WDW rig together and have 2 other rigs I may build. Mainly working from home which gets tough because my home office is also my music room :) Next Saturday a group of us are going to drive through the Texas hill country as the Blue Bonnets are about to be in full bloom. Everyone in their own car of course.

Nerd
Bottle Rocket

Re: How is everyone doing?

Post by Nerd » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:49 am

No chance for home isolation or social distancing. I'm a frontline paramedic so I'm out there, just in the middle of that madness. I'm also on heavy overtime just to help my team and my community but its mentally draining. Most cases I'm dealing with are social / anxiety related. Had some confirmed cases but touch wood - so far so good. Famous British "Keep calm and carry on" saying went to sh!t, people panic buying and freaking out. In last couple of weeks I have seen the best and the worst of people...

Eevil
Mark II

Post by Eevil » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:40 pm

Distance work (coding) in home with kids... And as I am Finnish it’s best place to be. No need to be more social than this :lol:

Problem is how to cure the GAS when everyone and their dog are nuts? Yet the worst part are the individuals who think they’re invincible and just continue living without thinking anybody else’s good...

But let us have hope for better tomorrow and pray that those who’re already infected will get better soon. :)
Current:
- Diezel D-Moll
- Express 5:25
- 2x12 Recto horizontal
- 4x12 Stiletto slanted
- 1x12 EVM Thiele

Gone:
- Mark III 60w/grx
- Studio preamp
- Roadster head
- Triaxis / 2:50
- Stiletto Deuce Stage 1&2
- CAA OD-50
- Mark V

guitar4jesus
Donating Member

Post by guitar4jesus » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:03 pm

I've been involuntarily retired since June and my wife works from home so we're pretty much just in our normal routine around here.

I sure want to shout out a thanks to Nerd and all of the other front liners, (Doctors, nurses, EMTs, food service, grocery personnel, truckers, and all of the rest!)

Here's hoping we all get through this.
'16 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'16 Gibson Les Paul Studio
'93 Washburn MG-104
'08 Amer. Std. Stratocaster
'11 Amer. Vtg. Tele Custom
'00 Peavey Wolfgang Standard Hardtail
'98 Peavey Wolfgang Special

Mesa Mark V 25
Mesa Express 5:25+
Rivera Clubster Doce

woodbutcher65
Mark III

Post by woodbutcher65 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:18 am

I work from home, being an ebayer with access to a pretty consistent yet diverse range of products to market, and don't have any compelling need to leave home for more than maybe two trips a week if I combine my trips. Pick up product to sell, ship product to sell, make a small grocery run once in a while.

For entertainment I've got about eight guitars, ten amps, a home theater system that's quite good, and a large pile of movies to watch, plus a pool to jump in and go for a swim whenever I want. Between that, the internet, and family, I guess I can say that I'm good and as for this self distancing thing, is that what we now call what I've been doing normally all my life? I could teach classes on how to do that!

Markedman
Donating Member

Post by Markedman » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:28 am

Mesa closed? Um, no, they haven't closed. I've been on the phone with Rich this week twice at Mesa and Mike B. has been in. I just sent my Quad pre amp out there to them for work, a 2-3 week turn around.

If you do the math, we're all safe in the end. Even at the worst, 327,000 dead, that's one in a thousand! Of that, how many would've just plain old died anyway? I will obey the criteria for everyone's sake but, I am not going to lose any sleep thinking that I'm going to die from the virus. I'm not counting on winning the lottery either. Odds have it.
JP2C, Mark llC++ DG, Mark IV-A/B.