RAGBRAI in Iowa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingvee

Reaction score
Hey -

If you're into either bicycling or partying, you've likely heard of RAGBRAI. This year, it comes thru my hometown, and will be in Waterloo, IA. Not only is this a great rolling party - around 20k cyclists pass across the state like a swarm of locusts - but its also great for bands, since every town along the route wants to entertain the riders, and hopefully induce them into leaving a cash donation as they pass thru.

To that end, my band, Dennis Wayne Gang, will be playing Thursday - so if there are any Boogie Board cyclists, feel free to come on up and say hey. I'll have my new SCHB PRS, maybe an old V (if the weather is good,) and should have a Nomad 55 I dug up. All the posts I read on Nomad mods got me curious - I got it out, and it sounded so good, figured I'd take it out and see what it sounded like.

For anyone actually doing the ride; the band is also playing Saturday in Farley - I can't make it, but should be fun to hear the guy filling in for me - he runs a Fractal Axe FX - a perfect juxtaposition of "the future" and "the past." :D

Back