Austin Texas Music Scene

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surferdeac

Reaction score
Hello everyone out there. One of my guitar buds and myself are taking a little vacation to check out the music scene in Austin Texas. We will be down there from April 5th to about the 12th or so. If anybody here knows of any bands or any of the places to go bar names street names etc. etc. I would greatly appreciate it. I love all types of music, but blues/rock/classical rock/metal/smooth Jazz are among my favorite styles to listen to and play. If anybody is in a band or has any friends in bands down in austin that are playing or that you know plays down there, my buddie and I would love to go listen to and support some good ROCKIN music. 8) :twisted: :mrgreen:

THANKS
The Freak Surferdeac

The music scene is Austin is hopping. Just go to 6th street (or ave); its their version of Bourbon street. the whole street gets blocked off at night and is flooded with people. it seems like there are only bars there, half of them have opened fronts, so 1: you get a cool breeze of A/C blowing on you, and 2: you can check out the bands while wandering the streets. There is nowhere wrong you can go there, every style of music. 1 bar has country duets, the next has a classic rock type band, the next a hippie jam band. wanna 2 step? thats fine its there...

I saw a band called Broken Teeth there that i enjoyed, its like AC/DC the rock songs (more than the bluesier songs) Dunno if they are local there or were visiting.

I wanna go back, plane tickets are too much now though...

Back