Australian mesa boogie owners/gigs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys im from adelaide and was wondering if there are any other guys on the forum from australia? we should get our own little topic runing in here!

vinnie_australia said:
hi guys im from adelaide and was wondering if there are any other guys on the forum from australia? we should get our own little topic runing in here!

I grew up in Adelaide... really relaxed town with lots of great musicians...

Now I live in Sweden which is also pretty nice and full of great musicians... oh yeah, and the ladies are pretty nice too haha! 8)

Great idea. I have only seen a few people play with Mesa Boogies, 20 years ago a few coverband guys were using Mark II's, there is a band around Melbourne can't recall the name that plays soul (could be called Texas Flood) and the guitarist uses a Mark III. My new band has just started gigging (I use a LSS - any one that thinks it is not loud enough or muddy need to get it out of the bed/rehearsal room and put it up on stage were it belongs to hear it open up).

I will post ehen we play again early in the new year.

Merry christmas (fat chance that Santa will bring me an LSS custom extension cab)

vinnie_australia said:

Gday Vinnie, Mk IV user in Sydney here. (Narrow body combo + 1x12 closed back extension cab + G major)

Done plenty of gigging with the Mk IV but using the Fender 57 Tweed Twin more these days. Must be gettin old eh.

I do a lot of lurking but not much posting here.

Welcome!

Hi guys,

Graham from Perth, Western Australia here. :) My rig is a Road King 212 combo with a 3/4 back 212 extension cab.
I might be heading to Adelaide to do some recording in a few months, so I'll keep you posted!

Hey all,
Another from WA. LS user and ex Nomad owner.
Hey Graham, Ill see you next time you drop by.
Bump into the strangest people on guitar gear forums :)

I'm Dave

I'm from Brisbane, but recently moved down to Adelaide. I might be moving back soon to Brissie cause Adelaide doesn't have anything that could even be considered a live music scene. I love my best mate, whom I'm living with, but its not enough.

Posting from Canberra.

I own a mark III blue stripe head, 400+ and a Mesa 6x10 cab.

David here, also in Canberra.
Regularly gig with my Mark IIB (search "topshelf" on facebook, or the band website http://www.top-shelf.net.au for pics)
Mark IIA is the backup.
Also infrequently gigged the Mark I, and the MarkIII head.
(Just put up some pics in the post your rig thread
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28913&start=525)

Love to catch up with other M/B enthusiasts..
DB

Back