First Gig...ever... all advice welcome

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highwaynine

Reaction score
Yep, ever. Pathetic, huh?

But it's a gig, hour-long set, I think we can do it (no doubts about my amp anyway ;-) ). But it's short-notice - a month away, and we haven't been able to practice regularly for quite a while. So, first thing is a regular rehearsal schedule.

What else? :shock:

My biggest advice is.... (drum roll)... get your whole band to walk around on stage like you own the joint. Get into it. Don't play cautiously or humbly. Nobody needs humility at a rock show. If you act on stage like you are the greatest guitarist in the world, and your music is the sickest to be written in the last 100 years, people will be 100 times more likely to enjoy it. And if they enjoy it, they'll get into it. And if they get into it, the energy will fuel you. And if you can feed off the energy, you'll play better. And if you play better, they'll like it more. Shows often times get perpetually better or worse as the show goes on, and that is why. To fuel a perpetual increase of rockin' success, infuse a huge dose of confidence and rock-star-behavior into your show.

believe in your ability to play and it will show onstage!

don't be afraid and the rock the hell out of people there to see you!

and make sure your MESA is loud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck :)

-PJ

EDIT: just noticed this thread is a few months old... how was the gig?

like many have said, confidence is everything. believing in yourself is 90% of the battle. whenever the band has a good time, usually the crowd follows...

one thing an old bandmate told me when I first started gigging many yrs ago and I'm still trying to follow to this day: if you or someone in the band makes a mistake, don't make a strange face, turn around and make it obvious. most likely nobody in the crowd even noticed. if you advertise it then they'll wonder whats up.

Latest posts

Back