• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NOW SOLD...... UK / Europe: FS - Two Rock Coral Head 22W

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chester

Reaction score
Folks

Thinning out the herd, and am offering for sale my Coral head. Too many amps, and the Coral is not getting the playtime it deserves. Bought as new from Coda around 18 months ago, and needs to go to someone who will get the best out of it

Standard black tolex with white piping etc, in as new condition. No marks, scratches, dings or rips, and has been used in a studio only. This model is tube rectified, 6V6 powered and sounds excellent from "quiet" to scream volume levels. The masters on Two Rocks are perfectly tapered, and this amp goes from conversation to trouser flapping loud volumes smoothly

Clean headroom is excellent in CH1, which drives into smooth overdrive as gain increases. CH2 adds more sauce and grind, depending on how it is set up. Great pedal platform, outstanding reverb, and noiseless FX loop. The tonestack bypass function is great for a boosted, more gritty response, where I spent most of my time. Easy to dial in with single or hum pups, with very responsive EQ controls

From the Two Rock website:

The Coral builds on the Two-Rock history as a versatile two-channel amp with a shared EQ and a cascading gain structure for professional-level dynamic control, rich harmonic tones and full bass response. Add a classic Two-Rock reverb with an improved signal to noise ratio and post master circuit, along with a versatile EQ section for extensive tonal shaping

– Dual channel amp with shared EQ and cascading gain
– Treble, Middle, Bass EQ controls
– Treble, Middle & Bass boost switches plus EQ shift switch
– Clean Gain & Volume; Overdrive Gain & Volume controls (cascading)
– Presence control
– Bypass and Overdrive foot switch control

Cathode / Fixed Bias switch

The 22W version is no longer available as standard (50 / 100W only), so this is an ideal option if you are looking for Two Rock tone and quality, but don't need all that power

Comes with FS, and I think I have the original box in which it will ship. The original EH 6V6 power valves have about 40 hours on them, and a spare set of JJ's will be included in the sale if required

Based in Scotland. If you want to try here before you buy, you would be most welcome. I will try to upload some shots soon, but please pm me with your email address if you need pics in the meantime

£1699 + insured shipping costs. No trades please

Latest posts

Back