Area to sell your non Mesa Boogie gear.
No dealers please.

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned

Brad737
Mark II

Luthier Built 1959 Les Paul Replica

Post by Brad737 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:18 pm

Hello all,

After some deep soul-searching, I've decided to part with my Burst Guitars 1959 Les Paul replica. I truly love the guitar, but the fact of the matter is that I'm just not playing it. I've been lucky enough to buy a real 50s Les Paul Custom with PAFs, and a 1968 Goldtop loaded with early Gibson Patent Number humbuckers, and they simply get all of my attention.

I spec'd every piece of wood on this build. I looked at over 300 tops before I found this one. I picked the ultra-dark Brazilian rosewood fretboard, and I paid several hundred dollars for the ultra-lightweight mahogany body. The guitar weighs 7lbs, 15 oz.

This guitar was masterfully crafted with 50- year old pre-ban woods, and assembled using aniline dyes, hide glue, no truss rod "condom", and the techniques Gibson used to use. The nitrocellulose finish is ultra-thin, and is lightly relic-ed, to look like a very well cared for vintage guitar.

The electronics are awesome. The guitar is now loaded with a custom set of Electric City pickups I had wound for this guitar. I asked Bill for the Beano tone in the bridge pickup, and got the low-wind RD-59 in the neck. The guitar has a push-pull pot on the neck pickup to allow for conventional or Peter Green's out-of-phase tones. There are raw nickel covers on the double white pickups.

This guitar is simply a "Holy Grail" example of the Les Paul. Last I read, Burst Guitars is asking $6500 for an ultra-light replica with an insane top like this. I'm asking $6000 for this incredible instrument including shipping. I can provide shipping insurance or Paypal payment for additional cost.

This guitar simply blows away any Historic you'll find. Here's your chance to save a bundle, know exactly what you're getting, and save several month's waiting time.

If you have any questions, or would like to make a serious offer, please let me know.

Thanks,
Brad

Model citizen...Zero discipline