• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Reverb.com IS NOT TRUSTWORTHY!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkcreel

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently had a very bad experience with Reverb.com. I want to share this because I think it's important to have all the information available to you. I was not provided with ALL the information and subsequently received a lube-less ***-raping from Reverb.com. I shipped a Roadster to a guy who purchased it, it was damaged in transit by fedex. I worked to resolve the issue, thinking that I would be treated with fairness and my best interest protected. Boy was i wrong! The damaged shipment was received by the buyer, who was fully aware the amp was damaged. He was advised not to touch it or unpack it, and to take as many pictures as possible to submit with the claim. The buyer took a grand total of 3 (three) pictures! All 3 are fuzzy and unclear. The idiot then took the amp out of the packaging, threw away the packaging. And then he committed blasphemy and powered it on! It fried the amp, it's a loss! So, Reverb starts pressuring me to provide a refund, to which I refused because the buyer has liability. I probably would not hold the buyer liable if he was unaware of the damage to the amp. But this guy knew there was damage to the amp, but in his haste, he ignored my instructions! Reverb didn't care about what the buyer did to the amp and suggested he is not responsible for any damages, to which I couldn't disagree more. Finally, FedEx denied my claim, citing poor packaging led to damage. It didn't seem to matter that FedEx packaged the amp and provided all packaging and packing. I'm appealing this ridiculous denial. So Reverb decided last week, the buyer has waited 4 weeks for a refund, that's long enough, so they dipped into my checking account and took what they wanted. Now, I have no recourse to have the damages to my Roadster covered. AND I still don't have the amp back! No one seems to know where it is! I am dumbfounded! I am seeking criminal charges against Reverb for interstate wire transfer fraud! You can't just reach into someones bank account and take what you want, especially if there is an ongoing disagreement. But they did it So Sellers beware, if you have something listed on Reverb.com, and something go wrong, Reverb.com is going to hold you liable for everything and take money out your bank account as they see fit! These are facts, these are not my opinions. You are better off going with eBay and eBay alone. I was cautioned against using Reverb when I first started using the site. I was told I would get screwed by Reverb if I hung around long enough, well.....I guess I hung around long enough! I'll be taking my business to eBay and leaving Reverb to steal money from other people.
Good Luck,

mkcreel said:
Finally, FedEx denied my claim, citing poor packaging led to damage. It didn't seem to matter that FedEx packaged the amp and provided all packaging and packing.
This is standard operating procedure for FedEx. If they packed it for you and your receipt shows that you paid them to pack it, they are liable. They always assume the position they are not at fault and then make you prove otherwise.

If you have receipts showing you paid them to pack it, and receipts proving how much you paid for the amp, you will eventually prevail and get paid up to the amount of insurance you had on the amp, or the amount you paid for it, whichever is less.

Some people have had luck contacting police in the city where the buyer lives. I got lucky, I smelled a rat the first time I ever considered selling on Reverb, and I walked away very quickly.

Now that I look closer I see this thread is ancient but it popped up in my feed so I'll reply anyway.

If you're willing to file a small claims court case to get your money back, good for you. Many businesses, concerned only about their bottom line, will stand like a brick wall when a customer wants them to make good on their sales pitch offers. They figure, probably out of experience, that people will get discouraged and go away. They'll sometimes crumble like straw, though, if you pursue your claim.

I had an unbelievable experience with a company I decided ought to be called "Surly Table". They sold me something with a lifetime satisfaction warranty. When I had an issue and needed to return it a couple years later they told me they didn't offer that warranty any more and therefore wouldn't make good. I tried numerous times to get them to see how ridiculous that was, that what mattered were the terms under which I'd made the purchase. I tried all the way up to their corporate headquarters and - on my second call to them in follow-up to something earlier - was told if I contacted anyone at Surley again they'd go after me for harassment!

I did contact them again, via registered mail, telling them if they didn't make good I'd go after them in court. A lawyer friend suggested including verbage like "I've got the facts and the documentation to prevail in court".

Surley Table paid up.

One more suggestion, if a company selling insurance on their products or services fails to do what they should, consider filing a claim with the Department of Insurance. Here in CA they are, or at least used to be, very interested in helping.

Your situation sounds so messed up all around that it's nuts. Good luck getting the b*stards to pay!

I would never dare to sell anything on reverb. Once had an issue when the item was not as described. I tried to talk to the seller to meet me halfway. On a guitar frets were completely worn out and atleast one was loose. And neck had a crack. None of this was mentioned in the description, visible on the images or mentioned when I asked about these. Refret is 300 or so, neck repair some tenners so i asked 120 as a refund because i though that was fair. Seller said no. I tried several times politely but after that I had to take it up to reverb. In a split second they made the refund without asking the seller. And soon after that the seller account was deleted. He managed to send me couple very Angry messages and I understand why he was furious. I think I did not do anything wrong or was demanding anything that would be unfair, but it was so easy in the end that I bet quite a few are exploiting that and seller can do absolutely fuckall to prevent that.

So Fedex damaged your amp and was somehow aware they did, then they delivered it for some reason and then denied it was ever damaged but this is Reverbs fault?...

I would never dare to sell anything on reverb. Once had an issue when the item was not as described. I tried to talk to the seller to meet me halfway. On a guitar frets were completely worn out and atleast one was loose. And neck had a crack. None of this was mentioned in the description, visible on the images or mentioned when I asked about these. Refret is 300 or so, neck repair some tenners so i asked 120 as a refund because i though that was fair. Seller said no. I tried several times politely but after that I had to take it up to reverb. In a split second they made the refund without asking the seller. And soon after that the seller account was deleted. He managed to send me couple very Angry messages and I understand why he was furious. I think I did not do anything wrong or was demanding anything that would be unfair, but it was so easy in the end that I bet quite a few are exploiting that and seller can do absolutely fuckall to prevent that.
Well you can avoid that by simply ticking the „as is“ box….that makes you exempt from Reverb‘s return policy……

Reverb screws sellers - Every time!!
Same scenario happened to me.
There are scammer buyers out there with the same broken item they just purchased from you- when it arrives they trash the packing& show pictures of their damaged item.
In my case it was a wah pedal.
Same result as you.
I got a wrecked pedal shipped back to me & Reverb withdrew the refund money for the buyer from my account!
Oh yeah - I also had to pay return shipping charges.
EBAY IS THE BEST.
Cheers man.

Sell amps, guitars by Local Pickup.
If the buyer wants it shipped let him arrange it, get the amp packed up by - FEDEX.
Also tick the no returns box - For Sure.

FedEx always Denys the claim hoping you will go away.They have a low life way of handling claims on things they destroy. They collect insurance but then say it’s not really insurance it’s liability coverage then avoid paying for what they ruined.
If FedEx packed it then the FedEx packing location you gave it to should be spoken to..the manager. The ups stores usually have the owner in the place if you use them. It’s good to ask they’re policy on insurance before proceeding in the future.I spent 7 hours with my wife packing a porcelain figurine it got destroyed..I think the truck got into an accident.They denied claim..insufficient packing. They refused and refused for 5 months then I got through to decency and it was accepted.They made my life concerning that a misery.I stopped using them for those 5 months and they lost around $3000 in shipping fees from us at the slow time of the year. I lean elsewhere often since then.You wanna know something during that time a big FedEx trailer passed us going home one night on the highway..his right rear door was swinging open..he had forgot to latch it.And last week I dropped off a package at the main FedEx center and when I came out the large FedEx truck was leaving with the door open full of things.I went back in to tell them..Just bums, and they have the balls to refuse claims.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back