• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mark MK III lll 3 Head Simul-Class EQ Rev Export Trans ATA

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiogroove4

Reaction score
Mesa Boogie Mark III lll 3 Long Chassis Tube Head

Rare Purple Stripe model

Rare Export Transformer Variable 100-240 volts

I am the original owner

Ordered 1986, delivered 1987

Extremely good condition

Cream tolex

Simul-Class 15 or 75 Watt

Mesa STR 415 6L6GC tubes in inner sockets (Mesa branded USA made Sylvania) These amps were built around these tubes.

Mesa STR 416 6CA7 / EL34 tubes in outer sockets (Mesa branded USA made Sylvania) These amps were built around these tubes.

Graphic EQ

Reverb

Premium quality USA made A&S A.T.A. flight case purchased with amp, not the cheaply made cases sold on ebay.

Will ship internationally

Contact me for more information

$1,250 plus shipping and Paypal fees

Front.jpg

Back2.jpg

BackDetail.jpg

Top.jpg

Side.jpg

ATAFR.jpg

audiogroove4 said:
Mesa Boogie Mark III lll 3 Long Chassis Tube Head

Rare Purple Stripe model

Rare Export Transformer Variable 100-240 volts

I am the original owner

Ordered 1986, delivered 1987

Extremely good condition

Cream tolex

Simul-Class 15 or 75 Watt

Mesa STR 415 6L6GC tubes in inner sockets (Mesa branded USA made Sylvania) These amps were built around these tubes.

Mesa STR 416 6CA7 / EL34 tubes in outer sockets (Mesa branded USA made Sylvania) These amps were built around these tubes.

Graphic EQ

Reverb

Premium quality USA made A&S A.T.A. flight case purchased with amp, not the cheaply made cases sold on ebay.

Contact me for more information

$1,250 plus shipping and Paypal fees

Front.jpg

Back2.jpg

BackDetail.jpg

Top.jpg

Side.jpg

ATAFR.jpg

Very nice!! All the right parts on this one. GLWS

Yes I know it is, thanks. It seems most people don't realize the value of the original Mesa tubes and think they can get away with using other tubes and still get the same sound and performance. There also seems to be a lack of understanding of how long of STR415 and STR 416 tubes will last. My understanding is they are 10,000 hour tubes.

gts said:
Yes they are 10,000 hour tubes.
Is this thing still unsold?! If so that's baffling!

Still not sold :roll: :lol: :roll:
It's funny because it's worth it even without the tubes. Say the average price for a fully loaded MK III in good condition is $900.
And you never see cream heads in this condition. Figure the export trans at $200 and the case at $100. $1200.
Top of the line A&S case never been on the road. Even if you figure $150 for the export and $50 for the case :shock: Still $1100
You can't even find STR416 6CA7/EL34 if you wanted to. If you could they would probably go for $300-$400 a pair.
And STR415 6L6 most dealers want more than $100 a piece for them.
I would think someone in Europe or Asia would have bought it.
So yeah. People just want to buy the cheapest MK III they can find.
And use cheap, crappy, CP tubes :lol:
Little do they know, these amps were built around these tubes and they are a big part of the MK III sound.

Back