• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CLOSED (Admin Please Remove!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanfender

Reaction score
Summary: This is not your standard 3-channel Dual Rectifier because it is (a) pre-2010 and (b) has the coveted Voodoo Amps Platinum modification (details below).
What follows is a description in 3 parts: (A) the Amp Head itself, (B) the Voodoo Platinum Mod, (C) Extras I am including, and (D) reason for sale & price derivation.

A. The Amp Head
You know what this is – the legendary Mesa 3-Channel Dual Rectifier Head 100watt. All the issues with flubby bass, low articulation for leads, mediocre clean headroom, etc. have been rectified (pun intended) by the Voodoo Platinum mod. Please see the details in Section B below.

B. The Voodoo Amps Platinum Mod ($1,097 value)
Per Voodoo’s website:
(http://www.voodooamps.com/home/Modifications/AMPMODIFICATIONSManufacturePage/MesaMods/MesaDualRectifierSeriesMods/MesaDualRectifier3ChannelMod/tabid/135/Default.aspx)

• All Modifications are exclusive to Voodoo Amps®
• Rectifier series is one of the top 5 amps we mod the most
• Restructure the gain - remove the fizzy/fuzzy/buzzy qualities & increase the gain/distortion
• Breathtaking for leads or single note passages
• Faster attack - tracks every note you play immediately
• Improved note articulation - more articulate/defined/clear
• Harmonics will leap off from the fretboard with ease
• No matter how much gain you use you can still hear all the notes within the chords
• When you turn the gain control to 10 - it's all useable
• Greatly improved clean tones - more airy / chimey / open sounding & lush (Fender Twin)
• Lows, mids to highs are much more balanced across the frequency spectrum
• Dramatically improved bottom end - no more loose/mushy bottom
• Cranked tones at lower volumes
• EQ section is much more active and responsive allowing for unlimited tonal possibilities
• Amp will cut through & sit in the mix much better live as well as in the recording studio
• All features & functions still operate the same - no holes drilled
• Voodoo Mods™ retain your amps resale value verses decreasing it
• Vastly increased sustain - leads are much more liquid like & fluid
• Effortless Pinch / artificial harmonics
• Greatly improved articulation & definition
• Increased / richer bass response
• Increased even-order harmonics (IE: sounds much more musical)
• Massive rhythm tones - when you hit a chord it's there immediately
• Increased headroom
• Cleans stay cleaner & louder at gigging/stage volumes - Better than a Fender Twin
• Vastly increased sustain - leads are much more liquid like & fluid
• Cleans stay cleaner & louder at gigging/stage volumes - Better than a Fender Twin
• Upgraded Voodoo-Designed™ VA-REC120-3CH-P Power Transformer
• Includes Upgraded Voodoo-Designed™ VA-REC-C Choke
• 120V 60Hz Operation
• Improved power regulation
• Reduced noise and hum
• Improved feel & tone - Smoother feel & easier to play
• A must for touring musicians, engineers and producers!
• Platinum Mod™ will give you the best tone, feel and performance

C. Extras
• Mesa Boogie original footswitch & footswitch MIDI cable (see picture)
• Road Case (~$200 value)
• Recently fully retubed ? 6L6GCMSTR matched tubes, specifically voiced 12AX7 tubes (~$200 value from Doug’s Tubes retube kit). Reference: http://www.dougstubes.com/guitar-amp-tube-kits/mesa/mesa-boogie-dual-rectifier-tube-kit.html

D. Reason for Sale & Price Derivation
Reason for sale: personal finances, plain & simple. It’s hard parting with this.

Price derivation: Voodoo sells this amp new for $2,743 (excluding tax & shipping). All-in, that’s > $3,000.
My $2,200 offer is ~20% lower than Voodoo’s pre-tax, pre-shipping price. Add $100 flat shipping and packing, that’s $2,300, which is ~16% lower than the pre-tax, pre-shipping price & ~27% lower than the fully-loaded all-in Voodoo price.

I am also adding ~$400 of additional real value in the form of (a) road case and (b) recent full re-tube.

Serious inquiries only please. I can process & ship very quickly.

For pics (plenty of them), please see the Reverb posting I just launched: http://rvrb.io/dual-rectifier-pre-5jv

Also, for anyone living in NYC, I'm sure we can jettison the shipping cost and arrange for a direct pickup.

Cheers

Back