• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS/FT: Ceriatone Prinzetone head - Princeton BF/Tweed tones

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deaj

Reaction score
I have a like new Ceriatone Prinzetone head for sale or trade. This is the complete head with tolex covered head box, built by Ceriatone with their transformers. It has a passive loop (preamp out / power amp in - insert point) that is hard wire bypassed when nothing is plugged in. This is basically a hand-wired blackface Princeton circuit with tremolo and a tonestack bypass that offers a brown/tweed Princeton tone with more mids and earlier breakup. Beautiful cleans with great harmonic overtones and great classic drive tones! Fantastic tremolo circuit too! For those fond of the Princeton amps this is an awesome amp! It's basically a new amp, just arrived direct from Ceriatone.

Description and specifications may be found by clicking this link to the Ceriatone Prinzetone product page:
http://ceriatone.com/productSubPages/PrinzeTone/PrinzeToneMain.htm

I'd like to get $570 (or best reasonable offer) PayPal'd and shipped CONUS for a straight sale. This is a ~$150 break from the new price & shipping from Ceriatone.

I'm also very open to the idea of trading it for.... well, try me. The main reason I'm posting the amp is that I have all the gear I need for what I do. Having said that here are some ideas - things that might interest me. Even trades, trade for item+$$, trade+$$ for item, whatever is appropriate.

Music gear interests (entirely dependent on the specific instrument of course):
* Agile AL-3000M, AL-3000 Les Paul type guitar (possibly interested in double cutaway variants). Prefer heavy weight (9lbs or more)
* Edwards, Tokai, Burny, etc. Les Paul type guitars - any high quality Japanese LP type. Same weight preference - 9lbs or more.
* Carvin neck-thru guitars.
* Traditional Telecaster.
* EB/MM Stingray bass
* Fender Deluxe P-Bass
* Fender '58 P-Bass reissue
* Kubicki Factor bass (18 volt preferred).
* Other guitar and bass offers welcome - anything with a great vibe.
* Tech21 VT Bass Deluxe pedal.
* Boss VF-1 multi-effects processor.

Non music gear related interests:
* Apple iPhone 4 - 32GB or more preferred.
* Apple iTouch 4th gen - 32GB or more preferred.
* Apple iPad - 32GB or more preferred.
* feel free to offer other tech items - you never know.

Pics:

ct1.jpg

ct2.jpg

ct3.jpg

ct4.jpg

ct5.jpg

* Any unusual looking marks (like those on the logo plate in the last picture) are reflections from flash. The amp is in new condition with no cosmetic or functional issues whatsoever.

Why am I selling/trading an amp that just arrived?
I recently won this amp in a donation drive raffle on the Ceriatone forum - it's not something I ordered/purchased. As cool as this amp is I have two amps already (Egnater Tweaker combo and a Mesa MkV combo) and don't need another. I generally prefer combos and amps with active effects loop and master volume. In order to make any regular use of the Prinzetone I'd have to build or buy an outboard buffered effects loop and get an extension cab (or build all of this into a combo box). The only way I can use it now is through one of my combo amps speaker/enclosure - not ideal. Also, the Tweaker covers low watt Fender tones really well so the Prinzetone is a bit redundant in my home studio setup.

Back