V1 Tube Shield

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone a few months ago I bought a Mark IVB. I love the amp so I decided to change the tubes. While changing out the tubes I noticed the previous owner took the tube shield off of the V1 tube. I put a Fender-style tube shield on it that I had lying around. It doesn’t completely cover the tube at the base of the tube. Does anyone know of the specific tube shield model number or the size that will fit for this amp? I looked around the web and didn’t find a specific kind shield for older Mesas. Does it even matter that much to shield the V1 tube?

Thanks!!!

Makes no difference with or without it on my Roadster Head. First thing I did when I got it was remove it. I noticed no difference either way so it stays off.

V3 said:
Makes no difference with or without it on my Roadster Head. First thing I did when I got it was remove it. I noticed no difference either way so it stays off.

Thanks for the reply. I played with it on and didn’t notice a difference with any unwanted noise or interference. This was at my home though, I guess the only way to know for sure if the shield is helping would be to try it in multiple places.

You can always call Mesa directly. They are very helpful, if you really feel that you need it.

swbo101 said:
You can always call Mesa directly. They are very helpful, if you really feel that you need it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sometimes I forget how good Mesas’s customer service is. :)

Latest posts

Back