EL84 for Mark V 35

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gl4th

Reaction score
I've read one other post here, but the conversation went to a slightly off topic. So my question is: can I replace Mesa EL84 in the Mark V 35 with JJ EL84 without any bias problem? I'm in Italy and here we have no store that test tubes for the specific amp, so I have to buy them from Amazon as they are.

If it were me, I'd only use Mesa power tubes to keep the warranty intact, but experiment with different preamp tube brands for tone chasing.

Gl4th said:
I've read one other post here, but the conversation went to a slightly off topic. So my question is: can I replace Mesa EL84 in the Mark V 35 with JJ EL84 without any bias problem? I'm in Italy and here we have no store that test tubes for the specific amp, so I have to buy them from Amazon as they are.

Ask the seller if they can provide tubes in range that's suitable for your Boogie. Many can. Eurotubes told me they could.

Joshwah333 said:
If it were me, I'd only use Mesa power tubes to keep the warranty intact, but experiment with different preamp tube brands for tone chasing.

I've never bought a NEW Boogie, but I would probably stay with Mesa branded for the same reason of keeping the warranty.

Having said that, I've replaced many power tubes of different brands and never had an issue and never thought about the bias.

Latest posts

Back