advice on tubes shop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gouzou

Reaction score
I'm about to get new tubes for my 20:20 and spares for my triaxis ( probably JJ or Shuguang ), and I'd like to order in Europe in order to keep low shipping times and costs.
I guess I'll be shopping for expensive quality tubes around the wolrd when my cash flow gets better, now I just need spares to gig without fear of tube failures...

I found rototubes to be the cheapest yet, does anyone have experience with them?

Alternatively, can anyone suggest me a nice and reliable online shop to order tube kits?

hey crane thx !
Looks like a real nice all-around, amp-oriented electronic shop - and i'm enjoying browsing their store :)
( actually it gave me a few ideas and sparkled some GAS for later :-D )

Still I didn't find amp dedicated kits or matched pairs to go nicely with our fixed-bias mesa power amps :
as it's the first time for me to swap tubes all by myself I'll really more confident if I get some shop-preapred reassuring kit.

Did I miss some page or am I mis-reasonning about something ?

They have Mesa-selected tubes :
http://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/Tubes/Tone-Selection:::1_248.html

Also they have a few kits, a tone charts :
https://www.tube-town.net/cms/?Info/Tube-Map_Online
https://www.tube-town.net/info/doc/tt-tubemap.pdf

Don't hesitate to contact them, Dirk knows his job and can select tube for any amp on demand.

Just shoot them an email with what exactly you're looking for.
I inquired for an integrated (6L6 and El34) TungSol set for my 2:90 and I got a set perfectly matched to/within MB specs.
I can also highly recommend their TubeTown branded E83CC....that's one full and rich sounding tube!!

Definitely +1, highly recommendable Tube shop!!

hey thx alot, I was missing a few pages in the site, I'll be investigating further :)

Triaxstasy said:
I can also highly recommend their TubeTown branded E83CC....that's one full and rich sounding tube!!
I need to test that tube !

Ok I have ordered and recieved new tubes sets for my triaxis and my 20/20,
unfortunately I did not follow your advice because I was in a hurry and I had found some cheaper dealer in germany,
with really easy "click and buy" tube set for many amps.

I say "unfortunately" because the guys took so long in testing and matching the tubes that they were delivered on monday after the saturday gig I wanted to have spare tubes for. Anyway gig went really well and I suffered no tube or tone problems .
( ... exceptionally I even had the mixer guy telling me "great tone, I just had to put the mic and add a little volume - really nothing more to do on your sound to make it good on the P.A.", and that felt rewarding after a few years of triaxis tweaking ! :mrgreen: ) .

The other sad thing is that my 20/20 is still not working even with new tubes : low volume and heavy clipping even at maxing out the volume pots. ( ... but I opened a topic for that in the "rack gear" section ;-) )

Thanks all for your help!

Back