Boogie Tube Specs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TestLab

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have searched as much as I can, but have turned up nothing but one tiny blurb that didn't quite address my question.

I know all the Boogies want power tubes of a certain specification, which tube retailers should know. My question is: What IS this spec? Preferably with a tolerance for acceptable ranges. Matched pairs/quads is a given, but I just need to know the numbers. I'm also assuming the only thing they spec is plate current at x volts. This info HAS to be out there somewhere... I just can't find it!

If it is amp specific, I'm on a Mark IV.

Thanks in advance!

If you buy from a reputable tube dealer (i.e. tubedepot.com), just tell them you need a middle rated tube and let them know it's for a boogie.

Also if you search enough on this forum, this topic has been discussed more times than I can count.

I'm sure you'll find your answer. If I have the time later I will try to post some links, there are calculations based on plate voltage and tube type that will give you the proper ma by tube for your amp.

I also have a Mark IV and I buy from Tube Depot. They generally give me 6L6s rated at around 21 and EL34s at around 29.

Been using them for years with no issues.

I sort of wonder if there is a difference if any other than size between Mark IVa and Mark IVb in terms of the power section.

I do what swbo101 does, specifically state the amp brand and model the tubes will be used in.

Latest posts

Back