Mark V + JJ gold pin retube kit from Eurotubes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eurotubes is a great place to buy tubes,,,i did a retube for my 2:90....as far as the gold pins i dont think you need them,,just get regular........hopefully someone else will chime in......also im going to get the jj 6I6 GC for my MKV but not the preamp tubes....i have all older nos tubes in there now...

Eurotubes is a store that sells only one brand of tubes (JJ) and to my ears, they don't sound that great (if you use only JJ in all positions). Too driven, too dark/muddy. I have a TriAxis/2:90 which is tonally similar to a Mark V. Not the same, granted, but enough to give me an idea.

My advice is to read a few posts from bandit2013 (I think that's the right username) for feedback on tubes, he writes extensively about them, though mostly power tubes IIRC.

As for JJs, I like one ECC83S in the V2 position in my TA. Didn't care for them anywhere else.

I like to mix and match brands, and my favorites have so far been TungSol 12AX7 and EH 12AX7. Seem to have a nice open tone, warm but clear.

Back