General Tube Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 37597

Reaction score
Are all of my tubes supposed to be lit when I am playing through my Triple Rectifier on Channel 3 (the red light channel) and if so, are the tubes supposed to be dim or bright?

Yes they are supposed to be lit, as long as they light up and there isn't any unwanted noise or problems you are good.

Then I can safely assume that I have some dead tubes because a few aren't lit and the ones that are, are very dim. Thanks.

Make sure the tubes are seated in the socket properly, flush with the socket, also be certain the preamp tube pins are lined up with the gap, the space on the preamp tube should match up with the space on the socket.

Draconova75 said:
Then I can safely assume that I have some dead tubes because a few aren't lit and the ones that are, are very dim. Thanks.
As long as you have sound coming out of the speaker on every channel of your amp, that the effect loop and the reverb, tremolo, etc... are working, no preamp tubes should be dead.
If you have a good, powerfull and clear clean channel at moderate-to-high volume, the power tubes should be good too.

It's sometimes hard to see tubes "glowing". The yellow/red light is the heater that can be hidden by the plates (and color can be any from yellow to red). Already tried to check that in a dark room ?

Back