Power Tubes for Mesa Boogie DC-2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabotah

Reaction score
hi to all, yesterday while playing i had blown a power tube,i had mesa el84 gray code. i´m from argentina so it´s difficult to buy matched or mesa power tubes, the available options here to buy are:

matched:
JJ el84
jj el844
Sovtek

unmatched:
Tungram NOS
Russian Paano NOS
Miniwatt NOS

My amp is a later 1998 DC-2 c version i think because of the board ("Mesa Boogie DC 23 C), and i play blues, rock and some floyd style.
any help would be apreciated!

i also have the option of matched jj el844
would this be beater because of the fixed bias???

edited original post

i´ve bought a matched pair of jj el 84 whit 26,5Ma, but my amp is too hot compared with the other tubes, if someone can tell me if it´s dangerous to my amp¿? thx

gabotah said:
i´ve bought a matched pair of jj el 84 whit 26,5Ma, but my amp is too hot compared with the other tubes, if someone can tell me if it´s dangerous to my amp¿? thx

Did your new tubes last? Are they still working ok?

I'm starting to think I should request low current tubes that will run cold, just because of the way these old amps sizzle any tubes I put in. I think the tube sellers recommend tubes that draw a lot of current and can handle the higher voltages, but those tubes also are the ones that burn up quicker........ so they sell more tubes.

JJ is the only brand that I've never had any problems with in my Mesa amps.

Latest posts

Back