Mesa Boogie Mark IV stock tubes and preamp tube slots?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dimebucker

Reaction score
Hey

Im new owner of that amazing Mesa Boogie Mark IV head. If someone know what tubes that device have in stock straight to the factory ,when that amps was release? And second question if someone can put some pictures ,for all tube places where those are v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 what slots is lead channell critical gain stage slot? And what they do like v3 is reverb preamptube and so on.... And i want know those if i need someday replace some tubes ,then i know what they do and where they are. And all tube recommended would be nice too to know ,if someone have some experience all tube tests and im playing metal. And i must say that amps sound amazing ,it nice to be mesa owner :D

shimmilou said:
Hi Dimebucker,

The tubes could be any of several brands, if you could post closeup pictures of them, someone can probably identify them.

The manual has a "Tube Task Chart" showing the location and function of each tube.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Mark 4.pdf

Hey

Thanks for reply. Yeah i have read that manual several times ,and i found there that tubes section. I will send some photos when i can get camera. If someone have same head it would be nice ,someone can give photo for those tubes. And write all v1 v2 and so on.... And what those tubes job is like v1 is lead channell gain stage tube and so on....

Dimebucker said:
...Yeah i have read that manual several times ,and i found there that tubes section....And write all v1 v2 and so on.... And what those tubes job is like v1 is lead channell gain stage tube and so on....

:?

The description of the tubes job (function) is in the manual in the section that you referenced. You want someone to write the same thing down for you? It's in the manual......

Dimebucker said:
shimmilou said:
Hi Dimebucker,

The tubes could be any of several brands, if you could post closeup pictures of them, someone can probably identify them.

The manual has a "Tube Task Chart" showing the location and function of each tube.

Hey

Thanks for reply. Yeah i have read that manual several times ,and i found there that tubes section. I will send some photos when i can get camera. If someone have same head it would be nice ,someone can give photo for those tubes. And write all v1 v2 and so on.... And what those tubes job is like v1 is lead channell gain stage tube and so on....

ALL of that info can be found on page 17 of the User Manual. Thanks!

Authorized Boogie said:
Dimebucker said:
shimmilou said:
Hi Dimebucker,

Hey

ALL of that info can be found on page 17 of the User Manual. Thanks!

Hey

Okey thanks.

Latest posts

Back