Info On Mesa 12AT7 Tubes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundchaser59

Reaction score
Anybody use these for anything? I am wanting to put 12AT7's in V1 and V2 and maybe the fx loop driver for my Mini Rec. The thing is under warranty, so I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $$ to buy the Mesa brand 12AT7's instead of something on the open market.

I wouldnt use an AT7 in any position other than a reverb driver or phase inverter.The AT7 not only has a lower gain but the plate impedance is very different from other A?7 types and sounds very flat and lifeless.If you are looking to lower the harsh gain many AX7's exhibit,try a 5751 in V1 or for even lower gain a 12AY7.

stokes said:
I wouldnt use an AT7 in any position other than a reverb driver or phase inverter.The AT7 not only has a lower gain but the plate impedance is very different from other A?7 types and sounds very flat and lifeless.If you are looking to lower the harsh gain many AX7's exhibit,try a 5751 in V1 or for even lower gain a 12AY7.

+1

I only use an AT7 in my Mark IV as a reverb driver.

Back