pre amp "shields" for a 2 channel triple.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tone1026

Reaction score
Anyone use the metal preamp tube sheilds in their 2 channels? If so will just any work? looks like the socket is smaller than the tube, not sure whow they would go on..

Also wanted to put new retainer clips in but the rec tube retainers are attatched to the sockets. Suggestions? Where to buy?

Does this amp use tube shields already? I can't remember if they had them or not. If not, there might not be any way to attach them. If you could post a picture looking down and slightly from the front of the socket, it would help. Are the tube retainers for the rectifier the metal clips like these? if so, there are two screws that hold them in, unless they used rivets.

http://www.tubesandmore.com/products/S-H142

no mine has no shields. I dont think 2 channels do, maybe late ones? not sure. Those are the correct clips. the rectifier tube socket brackets sit on top of the clips, (same screw holds both) the power tube sockets have seperate screws for the sockets / clips (4 total)

Probably no need to use the shields, and they would just rattle around anyway not being able to be secured. Those clips linked to should work for your rectifiers and output tubes though.

It is my understanding that pre-amp tubes that are close to PTs/OTs should have shields as they can pickup the noise of the devices. Could be just urban BS.

In my heads I do keep the shields on the tubes next to the OTs/PTs (usually V1 and V2). In my combo I keep the shields on all as they will help ensure the tubes don't fall out :).

I have noticed on my JCA50 (Jet City SLO clone) if I leave the shields off, it is noisier. However, that could be due to the huge oversize Chinese transformers.

Latest posts

Back